G3L - Limited Space Leveler
The Machine Concepts G3L Leveler is for limited space applications. The G2L is pull thru only and requires downstream equipment to pull the strip thru.
The most common applications for the G3L are in existing coil to coil applications such as slitting lines or in new lines where space is limited.
• Requires very little space in line
- Gage range up to .125” depending on roll diameter.
- Requires very little space in line, as small as 30” depending on roll diameter.
- Mechanical screw jacks on each corner position the lower bolster.
- Hydraulic actuators are used for entry penetration and roll bending. Hydraulic actuators provide overload protection with safety relief valves and lend themselves well to dynamic adjustments.
- Pivot style lower roll bending provides aggressive bending on entry end feathers out to straight exit rolls, flat strip exits from straight rolls. Exit geometry stays constant when changing roll shape or entry penetration.
- Leveler is mounted on a sub base and is lifted out of the line via crane for cleaning and service.
- Automatic calibration, the leveler accurately calibrates itself with the push of a button.
- Automatic setup based on material parameters. Enter thickness, yield, width, and relative shape and the leveler will adjust itself to the proper setup.
- Very informative user friendly display screens and easy to operate controls.
- Automatic journal lubrication system.
- 4” open bypass mode (clear pass line).
Available Leveler Drive Systems
The G3L is available as Pull Thru only, downstream equipment drives the strip thru via strip tension.