S-Loop Material Guidance System
Material Guidance System with Optional Pull Rolls
The guidance system controls the shape of the material through an S-loop to reduce bouncing or swaying of the material during press operation. The S-loop also delivers the material to the feeder in a free state and straight in-line with feed direction. Therefore, the feeder does not have to overcome effects of weight of material hanging in a normal loop and does not have to pull the material around a curve.
This equipment assist in achieving higher production speeds and reducing wear and tear of feeder units.
- Adjustable guide for press pass line.
- Adjustable lower-quadrant to achieve the correct free loop radii.
- Material is self-threading to free loop position.
- Free spinning rollers provide non-marking guidance for surface sensitive materials.
- Tunable loop fill position allows the operator to find the best position during productions.
- Conventional S-Loop great for short to medium feed progression (0 to 12").
- Overhead S-Loop allows longer feed progressions (up to 18").
Pull-Roll / S-loop Material Guidance
In applications where a straightener or leveler is not needed in the process, a pull-roll S-loop guidance is a inexpensive option to pull material from a decoiler and provide stable loop control.
The pull-roll / S-Loop material guidance system provides the same loop stability that the standard S-Loop material guidance system but adds a pull roll at the entry side of the S-Loop to allow the system to pull material off the decoiler. The system is not limited to stamping applications, pull-roll S-loops are also used in cut-to-length and roll-forming applications.